curl-and-python

Re: Pycurl import error

From: Francisco Alves <franciscoandre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:43:14 -0200

Hi Sam,

pycurl needs to know which ssl library (openssl, nss or gnutls) libcurl was
linked with. The setup.py tries to find out using curl-config. When it
fails you need to specify it using: "pip install pycurl --with-nss", "pip
install pycurl --with-ssl" or "pip install pycurl --with-gnutls".

If you don't know which library libcurl was linked with, use "ldd <path to
libcurl.so>" or "curl -V" to find out.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Sam Petulla <sam.petulla_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I saw someone else posted this on Github and was directed to the mailing
> list. So I thought I'd try the same approach.
>
> I am having a classic SSL error when attempting to import pycurl.
>
> ImportError: pycurl: libcurl link-time ssl backend (none/other) is different from compile-time ssl backend (nss)
>

> What is the recommended solution for this issue? It looks like SSL is
> broken.
> --

Sds,
Francisco A. P. Alves