curl-and-python

Re: PycURL 7.21.5 on Windows fails "file type P12 for certificate not supported"

From: Oleg Pudeyev via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 22:38:32 -0500

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 11:23:10 +0000
"Binney, Peter" <Peter.Binney_at_commerzbank.com> wrote:

> In particular, how do I install on Windows so I can continue using a
> client certificate in a .p12 file, please?
>
> I am trying to move from 7.19.5 (installed from
> pycurl-7.19.5.1-cp34-none-win32.whl) to
> http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/pycurl-7.21.5/pycurl-7.21.5.win32-py3.4.msi
>
> But, fetches fail with "file type P12 for certificate not supported"
> from a pycurl instance set up using:
>
> c.setopt(pycurl.SSLCERT, "path to .p12 file")
> c.setopt(pycurl.SSLCERTPASSWD, "password for p12")
> c.setopt(pycurl.SSLCERTTYPE, "P12")
>
> I assume I need to do something more than just run the .msi?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

You may need to convert that certificate to PEM format since
pycurl now uses OpenSSL. Try this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15144046/need-help-converting-p12-certificate-into-pem-using-openssl

Also, the wheel achive you mentioned was not an official release. Do
you know which SSL backend it was/is using?

Oleg