curl-and-python

Re: pycurl.error: (55, 'select/poll returned error')

From: Nagy László Zsolt via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:22:53 +0200

> Perhaps debug your tornado part some more first.
>
> 2GB is a very strange limit... either there's a 32-bit integer
> somewhere, or it's a memory limit on a 32-bit platform.
>
> tornado as a setting, client_max_body_size, but I doubt that the default is 2GB.
I'm using tornadostreamform ( http://pythonhosted.org/tornadostreamform/
) which implements streaming for POST method. This package was developed
by me, and it was already tested for very large files. I thin it is not
limited by client_max_body_size, but I'll check.
> Perhaps you have something else in your stack, e.g. a reverse proxy
> like nginx or apache or varnish?
Absolutely not.

> I'm guessing you want to either stash the upload to disk and then act
> on it, or stream the upload in, like a generator. Anyway, debug a bit
> first :) If it's really a tornado limitation, by all means open a
> ticket. Correct error would be 413 Request Entity Too Large.
It is not a limitation of that particular server, because it is able to
accept large files from other clients (e.g. firefox or chrome instead of
pycurl).

And still there is the question about the Windows limitation. It is
clearly a limitation on the client (pycurl) side. It is probably a
separate problem. Is there an answer for that?