Re: HTTP/2 and multi-streams

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:24:00 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:36:29AM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer_at_nic.fr> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> > Fixed in 7.68.0 (with https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4732).
>
> I upgraded libcurl to 7.68.0 and recompiled pycurl, I also removed the
> line with m.setopt(pycurl.M_PIPELINING... but I see the same result
> (one stream then the other, no two simultaneous streams).
>
> I'll try with C to see if it is a purely pycurl problem.

Same issue with a C program. In both cases (C and Python), even with
7.68.0, I had to add:

curl_multi_setopt(cm, CURLMOPT_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS, 1); /* C */

or:

m.setopt(m.M_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS, 1) # Python

to see the use of several HTTP/2 streams per connection:

% ./test-multi-wait |& grep Stream
* Using Stream ID: 1 (easy handle 0x1415818)
* Using Stream ID: 3 (easy handle 0x141a7d0)

(Success, two different streams.)