undefined symbols

From: jonatan <lists_at_unix.jonatan.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:44:14 +0100

hi.

i'm new to c, unix and curl so please bear with me...

i'm having problems getting libcurl to compile (or link?) with my
code. i'm on mac os x (client, public beta). curl installed
successfully without any problems, and the executable "curl" runs
fine. i get the following errors when i try to build my project in
projectbuilder (apple's development environment) with libcurl:

Undefined symbols:
_curl_easy_cleanup
_curl_easy_init
_curl_easy_perform
_curl_easy_setopt

i also tried just compiling the simple example (simple.c) provided in
the distribution. i don't know the correct procedure, but i guessed
that "cc simple.c" would work. same error:

cc simple.c
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_curl_easy_cleanup
_curl_easy_init
_curl_easy_perform
_curl_easy_setopt

am i missing something trivial? do i need to do something else to get
this to compile?

here is some output from the ./configure command:

[snip]
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin1.2
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin1.2
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
[snip]
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... no
[snip]

thanks,
jonatan