Use of libcurl in PreViking

From: <zaheer_at_grid9.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:05:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,

Kudos to Daniel, for providing a library that even idiots like me can use
to provide a solution in 15 minutes, and complying exactly with my needs
:)

Too many libraries these days assume you want to do stuff to a file, for
example all the sound/audio conversion libraries. This is annoying, which
is why I like libcurl's callback function very much. It allows PreViking
to play audio from a URL to a telephony channel and (as of 5 minutes ago
CVS wise) record audio to a URL from a telephony channel.

The API is great, and we are working in a very much multithreaded
environment, and libcurl works fine in it.

I am going to have a look at ways I can help in libcurl development,
extending the functionality to other URL types maybe.

Again thanks for a super library.

Regards

Zaheer Merali

--
PreViking - open source telephony middleware
http://www.bellworldwide.net/previking/