Re: Use of libcurl in PreViking

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:32:19 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 zaheer_at_grid9.net wrote:

> Too many libraries these days assume you want to do stuff to a file, for
> example all the sound/audio conversion libraries. This is annoying,
> which is why I like libcurl's callback function very much. It allows
> PreViking to play audio from a URL to a telephony channel and (as of 5
> minutes ago CVS wise) record audio to a URL from a telephony channel.

Thanks for letting us know. I have included PreViking in my short list of
'programs that use libcurl'.

Others: If you write software that use libcurl, please let me know. Having
your software in my list will make libcurl look better and your program will
get a bonus link. Having libcurl look better is good to attract more users
which thus attracts more developers and it makes libcurl even better... it
makes a very positive chain reaction.

> The API is great, and we are working in a very much multithreaded
> environment, and libcurl works fine in it.

I'm glad it does. I actually changed the wording in the FAQ the other day to
more clearly state that libcurl works in multithreaded environments.

> I am going to have a look at ways I can help in libcurl development,
> extending the functionality to other URL types maybe.

We can always use an extra pair of hands. There are still many ideas left to
implement and fix...