Question regarding cURL and libcurl features

From: Bob Schader <rschader_at_product-des.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:45:33 -0500

In the past I had asked Daniel Stenberg about adding the ability
for curl to handle resuming HTTP Put using byte ranges, at which time
I was told that the server handler would also need to support this
feature and that it most likely wasn't supported. I am writing this
now to ask again if this capability is available yet. I have recently
tried a version of curl up in the 7.x range and it would not resume
a put request, it sent the whole file.

The reason I ask is that I have contacted the author of mod-dav, Greg
Stein, and he told me that the put handler built into webdav already
has support for this built into it, but that he is not aware of any
dav clients that support it.

So, if it is currently not incorporated into curl, I would propose that
it be added. I can offer some help, mostly in the form of a mod-dav
server for testing, my c programming is quite rusty otherwise I would
also offer to try my hand at some of the programming.

Thanks,
Bob Schader