Re: Adding CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH to curl_getinfo()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:10:16 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Bob Schader wrote:

> Sure, I guess they could be separate. I was just copying what I found in
> progress.c as it related to total_expected_transfer.

Yes, "total" as in both directions.

> But if you get only the header of a remote file, is that considered a
> download or an upload?

Getting is downloading. Sending is uploading.

> Might be easier to remember if they are called something like
> CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_REMOTE and CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_LOCAL?

Would it? When is the file remote then? If you get a file you get a remote
file and transfer it to become local. When you upload a file you send a local
file that ends up being remote.

I like the words "upload" and "download" since they indicate a direction of
transfer.