Re: persistant behaviour

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:32:45 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Bjorn Reese wrote:

> This sounds like a good solution, because it lets the application
> determine when to fetch files, and the order in which they must be
> fetched. This also makes error handling easier for both the library and
> the application (you don't have to invent a way to specify that file
> download #3 and #45 failed).

Yes, it certainly makes a lot of things easier! :-)

> I suggest using two options to control this.

Very fine ideas. They also make today's system fit in very smoothly, which I
think is attractive.

I'll store your comments in my "design document".

> All persistant connections are closed when the session ends
> (curl_cleanup). I am not convinced that a new function to close all or
> individiual connections is necessary

You're right.

> nor do I think timeout is a good idea.

Me neither. The timeout I referred to was server-end timeout, as both HTTP
and FTP servers close idle connection after a while.