Re: Thoughts on Implementing Persistant Connection Support

From: Rick Jones <raj_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:08:58 -0800

i would likely be using this functionality in abenchmark, where I am
trying to get the number of URL's per connection to match some measured
workload. it would be _sufficient_ to have the connection close just on
a curl_easy_cleanup (whatever the right name is ) but it would be nice
to allow the app to say "close the connection" without blowing away the
entire handle.

i would not expect there to be more than one connection associated with
a given curl handle, so i would not be expecting to have to select
between connections on a given handle. i am assuming I could have more
than one handle per thread of execution, but am not at this time
expecting to do so.

rick jones

--
ftp://ftp.cup.hp.com/dist/networking/misc/rachel/
feel free to email, OR post, but please do NOT do BOTH...