a milestone is passed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:15:56 +0100 (MET)

I'm proud to say that libcurl now passes all the former test cases again!

This may sound strange, but what doesn't show in the test cases is the fact
that libcurl now supports persistant connections (for FTP and HTTP). Fetching
several URLs on the same curl handle is no longer forbidden, but instead
encouraged since it allows curl to re-use existing connections!

There are still things left to fix and add (see below), but I tell you all
this with one main purpose: testing. I need people to test this new
functionality and tell me if it works. This can't be easily tested with the
curl tool (yet) as it hasn't yet been modified to take advantage of the new
powers of libcurl 7.7. This can only be tested by fellow programmers that use
libcyrl directly.

Also, interfaces such as the PHP interface and the Perl interface would
benefit quite a lot if they are modified to support this new magic.

 == Some Things Left To Do ==

 * test Test TEST TEST *TEST*
 * Adjust the curl command line tool
 * Write/update documentation
 * Supply a few example source codes that take advantage of the new stuff
 * Add a few more options to curl_easy_setopt()
 * Implement and test the close-policy concept
 * Implement support for HTTP proxy persistant connections

The current CVS is what to use. I won't make any beta available until the
docs is more up-to-date, which is likely to take a little while.