curl 7.7 form submission problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:09:34 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

> 7.7beta4 does compile SSL properly but hangs on form submission! I guess
> it's saturday.. :-)

After a few private mails, I've come to the conclusion that this problem
might be because of the HTTP-code "100 Continue" that the server sends.

HTTP 1.1 clearly specifies how to behave on error 100, but libcurl does not
(yet) follow that spec. Read more about this on section 8.2.3 in RFC26216:

        http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/rfc2616.txt

This affects POST and PUT requests. curl 7.6.1 and earlier versions use HTTP
1.0 why this won't occur for them.