Re: Thread Safe?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:48:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Flash Braden wrote:

> Is curllib thread safe? Meaning can I run multiple sessions each from a
> different thread without the DLL falling over?

Allow me to quote the FAQ:

 5.1. Is libcurl thread-safe?

  Yes.

  We have written the libcurl code specificly adjusted for multi-threaded
  programs. libcurl will use thread-safe functions instead of non-safe ones
  if your system has such.

  We would appriciate some kind of report or README file from those who have
  used libcurl in a threaded environment.

So, the question is, do the windows functions like gethostbyname() work
thread-safe?