Re: POST and headers

From: Garrett Rooney <rooneg_at_electricjellyfish.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:36:28 -0500

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 08:29:30AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Yes, replace the internal ones with empty new ones. Like "Pragma:" and
> "Accept:".
>
> I should document this in the CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER section!
>
> > (for the curious, i'm using curl to impliment xmlrpc over https, and i
> > seem to be getting messed up because the server is expecting a text/xml
> > content type, and curl is sending application/x-www-form-urlencoded.)
>
> I hope this helps. Otherwise, just let me know.

just for the record, it turns out that the problem was not in the curl library
itself, but in the php bindings for it.

the constant CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER was being initialised to the wrong value, (for
some reason it was being set to CURLOPT_HEADER) and thus the code to modify
the headers was never actually getting called at all.

of course, now that it is getting called, it seems to be a bit buggy, and i'm
going to look a little closer at it before submitting a patch. it currently
only works if you pass in an array, and it seems that it would make more sense
if you could pass in a string. at the very least it shoudln't crash, like it
does now.

by the way, should patches for the php bindings for curl go to the curl people
or the php people?

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg_at_electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would