Improving the Perl interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:29:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Cris Bailiff wrote:

> > Actually, I could be persuaded to add a separate callback function for
> > headers for an upcoming libcurl release if you can motivate it! ;-)
>
> Well, that seems to be the solution... Do I wait for a new version before
> committing to a perl interface? I think I'll try and build something
> 'semi-intelligent' and then migrate if you add a new callback...

I think a "semi-intelligent" solution would be neat. It would be more fun if
the Perl interface would work with existing library versions!

The new callback function pointer for headers-only can be set with
CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION now (if you get the latest sources from CVS). I'll
document it too in a short while...

> I keep up with Gisle Aas' releases for LWP (as a heavy user) and examined
> his alpha version of HTTP/1.1 (LWPng) which failed to fly, being slower
> than LWP... Gisle's attempt at GHTTP is OK, but limited by the inherent
> brokenness of libghttp - I suggest curl would be a very good fit (though,
> I'm happy to use it directly in my app - LWP is pretty top heavy
> anyway)...

Yep, let's focus on getting a good and working interface to libcurl first,
then we can see if the rest of the world will notice or care!