Re: Perl module can not be installed... Help !

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:58:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Maarten Balliauw wrote:

> > Do you have a file named
> > /usr/local/include/curl/curl.h ? It seems as if that
> > file can't be found.

> No, this does not exist... /usr/local/include only has the subdirectory
> where PHP is located, and curl is not in that directory either...

The perl interface seems to assume that you have the curl include files in
there. Do you have the curl include files installed at all? (you can find out
by running "find /usr -name curl.h")

You may need to tweak the script to use the headers someplace else, whereever
you installed them.

> Does anyone know how to install cURL, explained from the moment I upload
> the binaries to my server until it works ?

Three steps (from the moment you unpack the source archive):

        ./configure
        make
        make install

If you install binaries, make sure that you install develop packages that
install the curl include files.

Curl stuff the Perl interface needs to find:

 1 - the libcurl.so file. It is by default installed in /usr/local/lib
 2 - the curl header files, they are by default installed in
     /usr/local/include (where a subdirectory named curl is created).