Re: Resuming on persistent connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:30:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Puneet Pawaia wrote:

> >Are you doing the downloads using the same libcurl handle and you're not
> >using a proxy? Then you've hit a bug in 7.7 and should upgrade to 7.7.1...
>
> Actually, the loop is intentional. I was trying to give an idea of what I
> am trying to do, which is download files till none are left. So I don't
> think there is any problem there.

Well, libcurl 7.7 had a problem with persistant connections and you may
experience that. This resume problem we're discussing is separate from that
one though.

> >This is a bug. I can see it in the code right now... I'll have to work on
> >this, I'll get back with a patch later.
>
> I will keep an eye out for the patch.

It turned out 21K and is available from
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/resume_7_7_1.patch . I don't know if you can apply
this seemlessly onto 7.7.

I've committed the changes to CVS.

Of course I'd be happy to get feedback on how this changes things.