successful multi-threaded use of libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 11:51:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Lately, several people have reported problems with libcurl in multi-threaded
use.

So I studied 'man pthread_create' and wrote an example program that performs
several (four) simultanous transfers (on solaris 2.7 using the latest
libcurl).

It worked just fine. I also tried downloading several very big files so that
they would surely execute for a while, but that too worked fine.

I've added my tiny code in the examples section of the archive/web site, and
it can now be viewed at

        http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/multithread.c

... can anyone write a small pthread example that proves libcurl not to work
multi-threaded?