Re: cacert verification

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 11:39:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Jukka Pihl wrote:

> --cacert [cert-file]
>
> If servert cert doesn't match with it then program just puts text (when
> having -v option)
>
> * Verify result: 21
>
> Actually it would be nice to make program just exit with some defined
> exit(2)-code in that case.

I agree.

> someting like this should be inserted to "lib/ssluse.c". I guess.

Yeps. I had to change the return code of that function to allow better error
codes to be returned, and then I had to modify the two places where that
function is invoked from... and I had to add the new return code, but apart
from those details, your idea is now in the CVS sources.

Updated files for this:

lib/http.c 1.62
lib/ftp.c 1.69
lib/ssluse.c 1.20
lib/ssluse.h 1.21
include/curl/curl.h 1.78

NOTE: I can't verify this functionality myself!