Re: creating remote directories via ftp

From: Rodney Simmons <imauafan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

I was able to get the CURL_QUOTE option to create
a remote directory. My only complaint is that
when I execute the curl_easy_perform function it
returns a directory listing. Is there a way to
turn this off?

If there is a wish list for enhancements to
libcurl, I would suggest that there be an option
to create directories. Perhaps something like
this:

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL,
"ftp://123.456.789.012/test/");
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_MKDIR, 1);
status = curl_easy_perform(curl);

OR (this might be a cleaner approach)

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL,
"ftp://123.456.789.012/");
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_MKDIR, "test");
status = curl_easy_perform(curl);

status could return 0 if successful,
CURL_DIR_EXISTS if the directory already exists,
or CURL_ERROR for any other error.

Keep up the good work!

Rodney