Configuration question

From: Nilsson Johan <EXT-Johan.Nilsson_at_nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:07:24 +0200

Hello!

First, libcurl is great (and using Mozilla cookies seems to work very well)!

I'm a little bit confused regarding the FAILONERROR option (can't figure it out
from the documentation). I want libcurl to fail on any error above 300 as long
as there is no Location set in the header containing the HTTP code. So my
question is will FAIL_ON_ERROR set to 1 only affect the last response after a
redirect or will it fail immediately? Many servers return a response with code
"302 Moved Temporary" and then a Location where to find the real file. I want
libcurl to follow that location but if it gets for example "404 Not found" from
that location it should fail with an error code.

I want to do like this:
curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, 1);
curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 5);

Will it work? It's hard for me to test it here and even if it would work I want
to hear from someone else that it is a defined behaviour.

Regards,

Johan