problem configure curl lib on unix

From: Li Chen <lchen_at_globexplorer.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:38:17 -0700

Hi,

I want to make curl lib a static library on unix so that I can link my c
source codes to it.

After I unpack the source archive, I typed command "./configure", the
message is:

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot creat
e executables.
*** Error code 1

The compiler gcc can run well on my machine. Could you give me any
suggestions? Thanks!

Li