Re: ssl

From: Sterling Hughes <sterling_at_designmultimedia.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:25:33 -0400

> This sounds like a good idea, but also quite "big" changes. I think I'll
> introduce this concept:
>
> Two functions for the "global" scope, only to be done once per application,
> unregarding on how many threads or uses of libcurl there is gonna be:
>
> curl_global_init()
> curl_global_cleanup()
>
> ... then, to make older applications still run fine, I'll have a check in
> curl_easy_init() that if curl_global_init() hasn't been run, invokes it.
> It'll make that older applications will continue to leak memory due to not
> calling curl_global_cleanup()... but I can't see how I could solve this.
> Anyone?

This sounds like a good solution, I know most other libraries that I've
integrated with PHP that have portions that aren't safe with multiple
threads do this, that way the necessary measures can be applied by the
application (in the PHP extension, this would be by adding these calls
to the MSHUTDOWN() and MINIT() functions).

Basic thought: Good idea, Me Like ;)

-Sterling