7.8 pre-release 1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 23:52:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Right

I bumped it up to 7.8 for the upcoming release due to the interface change
previously discussed. I just made a pre-release available in the
http://curl.haxx.se/beta/ section.

I plan to let curl_global_init() feature a flag to instruct libcurl how to
change its default behaviour.

Two flags that comes to my mind immediately:

 * NOT_SSL - don't init/cleanup global OpenSSL stuff, as there's another
   library this application uses that already perform this init/cleanup
 * DO_WIN32 - perform the win32 winsock init/cleanup stuff

... still just thinking on this, the function takes a long as it works right
now, which is documented to be set to 0 (zero).

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/