Re: bad post strings?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:41:42 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, John Baxter wrote:

> while using libcurl 7.7.3-1 on linux 2.4.2-2 (rh7.1) i loop performing
> multiple rfc-1867 posts to return the results of a query. i create and
> destroy a list with formparse(). some of the posts result in an error
> from the server saying my post is invalid. the server responds with my
> post value with junk appended to my intented post value. the bad values
> have my post string followed by "curl" which is followed by junk. ex:
> "99-10013curlcnc9d89refkrehfy" where "99-10013" is the value I intended
> to post. I perform a printf(post->contents) prior to curl_easy_perform()
> and is is always correct at that point. any ideas?

(I also just replied to the bug report in this subject.)

Is the 'post' and 'last' pointers really set to NULL before you use
curl_formparse() the first time? If they're not, this might very well be an
explanation to why junk ends up in the list.

If that is not the problem, I suggest that you compile lib/formdata.c with
_FORM_DEBUG defined and have a go at fixing a test that passes the exact same
set of form data as you do in your program. Then you can run that test
program and see what kind of output you get. If it looks ok, the problem is
in your code, if it still looks weirdo, then libcurl is to blame and I'd
appriciate you telling me exactly how to repeat it!

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/