RE: problem configure curl lib on unix

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:08:38 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Li Chen wrote:

> It seems curl will automatically find gcc when do configure. But the gcc
> on my system is not working. My cc compiler is working. How can I make
> curl to use cc as a compiler? Or could you please tell me the command to
> use cc to make the curl files a static library. Thank you very much!

Let me quote a bunch of lines from docs/INSTALL:

     Remember, to force configure to use the standard cc compiler if both
     cc and gcc are present, run configure like

       CC=cc ./configure
         or
       env Cc=cc ./configure

     To force a static library compile, disable the shared library creation
     by running configure like:

       ./configure --disable-shared

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/