(no subject)

From: John Affaki <jaffaki_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 08:37:14

Ok, took me a while, but I finally got up and running with the
build/installation of curl...

I really need to get something done and I'm hitting a wall. I'm brand
spanking new to developping on Linux (coming from a Windows background) and
I write a piece of example code that would download something from an HTTPS
URL and parse it... anyhow, I heard about libcurl and saw the answer to all
my problems =)

Anyhow, so I got the install up and running, make test works...

I go into the examples directory and try to build, hurray, it works.

The moment I try to run the example (or any other code I wrote using this),
I get

./example: error in loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.1: cannot open

yet everything (I installed SSL, libcurl is in the path) should be where it
is supposed to be...

Can anyone please help ? I'm desperate !

Thanks ahead.

John