mod_ssl with curl: apache start up problem

From: Jeff Hallgren <jeff.hallgren_at_visionshareinc.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:42:02 -0500

Hey,
Kind of a newbie here...

cURL looks great for what I need to do - which is modify mod_ssl to do a
quick web hit against an another web server. It looks like I can do what
I need to using the curl_easy routines..

My problem is that after I've modified mod_ssl with curl code and
installed the newly changed module apache won't start anymore:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 269 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libssl.so into
server: /etc/httpd/modules/libssl.so: undefined symbol: curl_easy_setopt

It was my understanding that on redhat7.1 there shouldn't be any problem
curl7.8 correctly?

any help appreciated.
Thanks.