win32 errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:01:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Vitlay Lipovetsky wrote:

> I've found a few error using lincurl under win32.
>
> First of all. I had to add these lines to the config-win32.h
> to manage to compile libcurl with MSVC.
>
> //** By Lipovetsky
> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> #include <stdlib.h>
> typedef size_t ssize_t;
> typedef int socklen_t;
> #endif
> //** By Lipovetsky

Odd. Other people have compiled it with MSVC++ without needing that...

> Then LIBCURL doesn't work errors about winsockets properly because it
> doesn't use WIN 32 sockets API.

"work errors" ? In what way and in what condition doesn't libcurl "work
errors" ?

> I offer to use these functions to make error handling clearer.
>
> void WSocketDLL::throwException(_FLPAR_, const char *api)
> {
> char ErrorMsg[MSG_BUF_SIZE];
>
> Win32Error(ErrorMsg, api, WSAGetLastError());
> }

Sorry, that's C++. libcurl is plain C code.

[cut out code]
I don't understand when that function is called or by whom.

> In the URL.C we shouldn't use select() if sockets are blocking ones.

Why not? Can you make the code better in a portable fashion without using
select()?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/