Re: getting html to buffer?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:55:13 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Admir Efendic wrote:

> >I don't understand your situation. Why are you forced to use a global buffer?
> >Why can't each thread simply download the file into its own thread-specific
> >buffer?

> That is what I am trying to do, but I don't really understand how am I
> supposed to do that. Is there an API to that, beside specyfing custom
> write function? The problem with using custom write and local buffer is:

Ah, ok, I understand now. Yes there is a way to do it:

Set a pointer with the CURLOPT_FILE option. That pointer is what you'll
receive in the forth argument to your callback write function.

The 'getinmemory.c' example shows this short and simple:

        http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/getinmemory.c