Win32: dll?

From: Alan White <arw_at_post.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:34:47 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm new to the windows dll game so please be gentle. I built libcurl 7.9 using msvc, all seemed to go well.

The build process produced a .lib file which, after much nonsense from msvc, I _think_ needs to be renamed .dll. From here it seems I need an import library to link my app against, so I ran lib against the (now renamed) libcurl.dll and it produced a libcurl.lib. Problem is the linker seems to think there's no exported functions to link against in there.

Can you please point out where I have gone wrong? Has anybody else built libcurl on an ms platform who can share the experience with me?

Thanks
Alan

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
Have you downloaded the latest calling software from Net2Phone? Click here to get it now!
http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=NH211JK&url=http://commcenter.net2phone.com/