Re: Memory leak

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:53:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Karim Hamed wrote:

> I build a shared library that uses the libcurl. The used memroy of my
> application is growing. The application sends a request every ten
> seconds.

Are you possibly using a *nix OS with IPv6 enabled? I found and removed a
memory leak with that combo just a week ago or somthing. That leak is fixed
since 7.9.1-pre2, and I'd enjoy if you got a recent pre-release and retried
this.

If you don't have this combination, I'm eager to get more info. See further
below.

> the application is working without problems only the memory.....
> Regardless this measure the used memory is growing only when the libcurl
> functions are used. ;-) Is't possible?

I guess you free() the received data as well after every fetch...

To track memory leaks in libcurl, we have this "built-in" debug system that
you enable by compiling libcurl with -DMALLOCDEBUG.

See more details in this previous posting on how to pinpoint where memory is
lost:

        http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2001-09/0094.html