Re: [Fwd: canceling a load in progress]

From: Steve Dekorte <steve_at_dekorte.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:19:39 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Steve Dekorte wrote:
>> Does curl use select?...
>> This would be a great feature as it would allow for far more
>> simultaneous
>> connections.
>
> Yes, that's one of the reasons why we're discussion an 'Advanced API'.
> It
> takes some thinking and proper designing to get that working properly.
> Feel
> encouraged to bring your ideas and suggestions!

How about an API like:

curl_select_init(select_handle);
curl_select_add_handle(select_handle, curl_handle) // instead of calling
perform
curl_select_remove_handle(select_handle, curl_handle)
curl_select_callback(select_handle, function, void*) // tells user about
new data
curl_select_readsize(select_handle, int)
curl_select_writesize(select_handle, int)
curl_select_perform(select_handle) // calls select and processes io,
non-blocking
curl_select_cleanup(select_handle)

Steve