the new 'multi' API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:10:27 +0100 (MET)

Hey

I decided to replace 'select' with 'multi' in the new function names and I
also converted the draft document into header-style:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/multi.h

Issues not yet considered (at least I haven't taken any notes about these):

 o How to deal with errors on single transfers.

 o How would the caller of curl_multi_perform() get to know more specificly
   which transfers that are (not) done?

Can we deal with both the above matters by somehow returning a "handle" that
can be used to request more information about a specific curl_multi_perform()
invoke?

I'm sure there are more issues. I'm all ears!