Re: Error codes. Please help.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:16:22 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jaepil wrote:

> What errors can occur? I assmue followings are the
> most likely errors.
> CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL, /* 1 */
> CURLE_FAILED_INIT, /* 2 */
> CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST, /* 6 */
> CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT, /* 7 */
> CURLE_HTTP_NOT_FOUND, /* 22 */
> CURLE_WRITE_ERROR, /* 23 */
> CURLE_READ_ERROR, /* 26 */
> CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED, /* 28 */
> CURLE_HTTP_RANGE_ERROR, /* 33 */
> CURLE_HTTP_POST_ERROR, /* 34 */
> CURLE_FILE_COULDNT_READ_FILE, /* 37 */
> CURLE_HTTP_PORT_FAILED, /* 45 */
>
> My actual question is what causes them to occur?

I realize we lack documents that clearly describe the error codes. I'll
gladly accept contributions here. (There is some stuff said about them in the
curl.1 man page, as they are also the return codes the 'curl' tool returns.)

I've always hoped/aimed for that the error code names should be pretty
descriptive. I still think most of them are. Which of these errors do you not
understand?

> If i m asking too much please excuse me. May be someone can direct me to
> where i can get more details on these error codes.

All details are of course found in the code.