Re: getting CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:01:04 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Shailesh Mittal wrote:

> I am tring to connect to a Tomcat Server Using CurlSSL from a Windows
> client.
>
> When I try to connect to the server using the following code, I get
> CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR.

That is a rather general error code that can happen because of lots of
different (SSL-related) reasons.

You really need to provide us with much more info to enable us to analyze
this. Such as a VERBOSE output. If you have access to the server end, it
might also have some interesting logs from your attempts.

Also, using the command line client may be a good option here, to fiddle
around with until you make this work.

> curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_WRITEHEADER, (void
> *)(LPSTR)(LPCTSTR)csWriteMemoryHeader);

Why do you need three different type casts on one pointer?

> The code works perfectly if I connect to a non secure side. How can I
> make it work with SSL?

You could start out and try a HTTPS site that doesn't require a certificate,
so get to see that it works that far.