Problem in receiving compressed data.

From: Shailesh Mittal <smmittal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:58:56 -0800 (PST)

Note: For some reason this mail keeps bouncing back to
me. I have NOT yet received any response for problem
described below. Please ignore if you have already
responded.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shailesh

Problem Description:

I am facing problem in receiving the compressed data
from a servlet running on Tomcat. The client is in
VisualC++. I am not sure if there is a problem in curl
library or there is something i am doing wrong.

On the server I am doing the following,
    {
       response.setHeader("Content-Encoding", "gzip");
       response.setContentType("text/plain");

       out = new PrintWriter(new
GZIPOutputStream(response.getOutputStream()), false);

       out.println("XML Data to be compressed");
   }

On the client, the code is
    SetWebFormHeaders_b ("Accept-Encoding", "gzip");
    SetWebFormHeaders_b ("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
    --- /*attaching the callback finctions
    ---
    retCC = curl_easy_perform(m_curl);

    At this point if I see the transmitted data from
server, no data is transmitted.

Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Shailesh