Re: libcurl strange behaviour

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:31:23 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Julien MOUTTE wrote:

> I am making call to curl_global_init, easy_init, easy_cleanup & global
> cleanup each time for each process to avoid memory leaks.

Beeep. Don't do that. curl_global_init and curl_global_cleanup should be
called only ONCE per application. That's what the document says, that's that
they are written to assume.

(Not that I actually think this is the cause of this problem, but I thought I
should clearly express this here as you're not the first one to do this.
There's also a bug in libcurl 7.9.1 and earlier, that'll make the second
global_init to not init the SSL properly again.)

> Each time i'm testing the daemon, the first forked child succeed in its
> query but the second forked child taking care of another client fails to
> make a curl_easy_init and the program crash mysteriously

What kinds of URLs are you using, I mean which protocols?

Does the docs/examples/multithread.c source code work for you?

> using curl-devel-7.8-1 rpm on redhat 7.2

Yikes. Get a newer one! ;-)