segmented parallel ftp downloads

From: Puneet Pawaia <puneet.pawaia_at_scconline.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 12:45:12 +0530

Hi All,
I am using libcurl 7.9.1 and VC++ 6

I would like to use libcurl to download a file from the ftp server by
segmenting it and downloading all segments in parallel.

My understanding is that I need to use CURLOPT_RANGE to set the range for
each download. Once that is done, I start downloading all segments and when
all segments are downloaded, then to append them to the single file in that
order.

My problem is that to get the ranges, I need the file size whereas the
download size is only available when the download starts.

I must be missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Puneet