Re: long long with VC

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:41:16 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, SM wrote:

> I am repeating this email again as I don't think it got through to the
> libcurl mailing list. I noticed another issue with cURL 7.9.1 under
> Windows 2000. I used cURL to do a simple HTTP GET and it crashed. I
> will see whether I can trace the cause of the error.

Ouch. Let me know how things develop.

> The "#define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8" in the config-win32.h" cause a build
> error when compiling with VC++ (latest CVS code). Undefining it get
> around the problem.

Hm. I guess this is an area where win32 compilers differ. Doesn't mingw32
support long long? What about Borland?

> The Windows platform supports a __int64 data type which is a 64-bit
> (8-byte) integer.

Currently, we don't really need the long long, it is just checked for and
used in the mprintf() code but we don't output anything using such a data
type in the current curl. (Just because it isn't available on all platforms.)