Re: How to send POST form?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:02:04 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Jung-Mu Tang wrote:

> I am trying to get map from mapquest with gps data. Here is the form I
> tried to send and the code I worte. For some reason, it did'nt return
> the page I expected.

> I suspected that input data were not sent correctly. Please help me out.
>
> <FORM action="http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find" method="POST">

This is a regular form, not a multipart form, so you shouldn't use formadd at
all. You should simply set a huge string to CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS and have that
sent.

> <INPUT type="hidden" name="link" value="btwn/twn-map_results">
> <INPUT type="hidden" name="event" value="latlng_search">
> <INPUT type="hidden" name="type" value="dec">
> <INPUT type="hidden" name="uid" value="ud.4zcmb72qcvdoa:2x0ft5gzbw">

[a part of this form were cut off]

The string should start with something like:

link=btwn/twn-map_results&event=latlng_search&type=dec&uid=ud.4zcmb72qcvdoa:2x0ft5gzbw

fill in the rest in the same manner.