proceeding on the multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:39:01 +0100 (MET)

Hej

I just jotted down my thoughts on how to proceed with the previously
discussed multi interface suggestion.

Comment at will. I am also interested in getting help with actually
implementing these steps:

 How To Proceed
 ==============

 o tag the existing source code

 o add the multi header file (this is enough for initial basic documentation
   as well)

 o write basic code (use large chunks of blocking performances to get
   something working rather quickly)

 o make sure the current libcurl works all the time

 o make sure the new code uses old functions as much as possible, possibly
   by making existing functions more generic

 o write a few simple test applications

 o make sure the simple applications work

 o make the code better "non-blocking" by making sure they all mostly work
   as state-machines and buffer stuff properly.

 o write more advanced tests

 o verify error detection and memory leakage etc very carefully

These notes are also stored here:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/multi-implement.txt