Re: Making a directory (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:40:03 +0100 (MET)

Please don't take this off the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:36:10 +0100
From: Guido Neitzer <guido.neitzer_at_pharmaline.de>
To: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Subject: Re: Making a directory
Hi.
> You can't. libcurl was written to deal with file transfers, first and
> mainly.
> We have no current way of saying "skip the transfer".
  Ah, thanks. I thought that I didn't find the option for that.
> I'm not saying we can't add such an option or something. I'm open for
> suggestions on how such a one would look/work/be used.
  Hmmm. First impression I have is:
curl_easy_setopt (curl, COMMANDS_ONLY, YES);
  This is not soooo nice but I will give the needed behaviour. At the
moment I think, I use libcurl for things it is not intended for. But it
was the choice of using a tool instead of implementing all the needed
ftp-stuff based on a socket-library or so.
cug