problem with curl and websphere(apache with mod-ibm-ssl)

From: <cissp_at_sach.mailshell.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:50:05 -0800

I have a standalone executable which calls a servlet on a websphere application server using https. The executable works fine.

But I want to use this code in a shared library on sun solaris 2.8, g++ 3.0.2, openssl 9.6b, curl 7.9.2. This shared library is able to call a servlet using http. When i try to use the https protocol and call the same servlet on ibm websphere app server which runs apache(1.3.12) and mod_ibm_ssl, i run into ssl handshake problems.

the exact error that i get in the web server logs is as follows: -

[Wed Dec 19 14:37:20 2001] [error] mod_ibm_ssl: SSL Handshake Failed, Socket
has been closed.
[Wed Dec 19 14:40:08 2001] [error] mod_ibm_ssl: SSL Handshake Failed, Socket
has been closed.

Has somebody of you run into similar problems. Please help.

Regards,

Sach.

The FREE service that prevents junk email http://www.mailshell.com