Can't compile on Mac OS X

From: Guido Neitzer <guido.neitzer_at_pharmaline.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:00:51 +0100

Sorry for this really stupid question but I know allmost nothing about
configuring and making from the commandline ...

  I have checked out the current cvs tree of curl and now I want to
compile it on my Mac OS X box. But I had no luck.

  ./configure isn't available and buildconf tells:

[devcon:pharmaline/curl-cvs/curl] cug% ./buildconf
./buildconf: command not found: aclocal [8]
The command 'aclocal' failed

  I don't know what to do. What is the normal way to compile and install
curl to use the libcurl in my own project? At the moment I use a
precompiled version of libcurl.2.dylib from the project "CURLHandle".
This works but now I want to test the current version with my requested
feature (Daniel wrote about that a few hours ago).

cug