Re: problem with curl and websphere(apache with mod-ibm-ssl)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:01:31 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 cissp_at_sach.mailshell.com wrote:

> I have built a standalone executable which does a simple post to the
> servlet residing on the websphere app server.

[snip]

> This code works well as a standalone executable. Now i use the same code
> and build it as part of a shared object. I seem to get an error while
> trying to execute the same code in an shared object.

Then it seems to be a problem with how you build your stuff, or similar. What
OS is this?

> I was not able to compile the libcurl code with the ssl option enabled even
> though i had openssl libraries on my machine. So i installed a compiled
> curl-ssl package. Will this cause any of the above problems ?

The so called curl-ssl packages are depending on the presence of OpenSSL
libraries, so they won't work without them.

> The utility "curl" works fine. I am able to call https URL's and get back
> results from them.

Then it shouldn't be a problem related to which libraries that are installed
and which aren't.

> I am not doing curl_global_init. I read it in the documentation that
> curl_easy_init calls curl_global_init internally.

Well, that is of course your choice, but the manual also says that you should
call curl_global_init(). The fact that it gets called internally was made for
backwards compatibility and is not the recommended way.

Still, I don't think that is a reason to your problems either.

> The shared object is built around a oblix netpoint single sign-on
> infrastructure. So the oblix Access server executable calls the shared
> object.

Uh. I don't have the tiniest idea what that is! ;-)