Re: Newbie: win32 ssl problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:43:40 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Daniel Hobi wrote:

[sorry for not having replied earlier, I've been away from my mail the last
two weeks something]

> First I have to say that I'm really new to win32 programming especially
> with dll files. Since I'm very interested in using the libcurl in an own
> c/c++ programm (win32, mingw32), I decided to have a look at the example
> files. So I did the following:

[snip]

> But when I try to link all the stuff together with "-lcurl -lwsock32 -lssl
> -lcrypto -dl" and -L with the path where all the files are, ld can't find
> the ssl libraries ("ld.exe: cannot open -lssl")??
>
> What's going wrong?

You must specify the path to the directory in which you have the OpenSSL DDLs
with the -L option. -lssl tells the linker to use the library named 'ssl' but
-L must be used to tell the linker where to search for these libraries.