multi-dev step two

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:32:00 +0100 (MET)

Things have turned out a lot better than I initially thought they would.

Today, I made the multi-dev branch run all existing test cases with positive
results. (There are no test cases for the multi interface though.)

Since this means we have all the existing functionality with the new code
structure, I intend to merge the branched code back into the MAIN branch and
continue there (again). The biggest changes are found in lib/transfer.c.

I intend to make a 7.9.3 release with the new code (possibly around mid next
week), but without any docs or public information on how the multi interface
is supposed to be used, but still included. It'll make sure that the existing
interface continues to work exactly as before, while at the same time
enabling new stuff.

I would greatly appreciate feedback on the multi interface stuff/code. As
soon as I've merged the multi-dev branch back into the HEAD branch (I'll make
another post then) it'll be very easy to just get the code and write up a few
tests yourself using the existing ones as templates.