RE: libcurl on QNX 6

From: <David.Bentham_at_poole.siemens.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:52:51 -0000

        I think it should be highlighted somewhere.

        Fortunately in the QNX headers its defined as

        #ifndef FD_SETSIZE
         #define FD_SETSIZE 32
        #endif

        so its relatively easy to override without changing the original
definition. QNX claim posix compliance so this definition style could be
standard in other o/s's. Eg Microsoft Visual C++ 6 defines it similarly, but
its set to 64.

        My initial thoughts are to put some simple test in the Makefile?
With a 'configure' option to pass in a user- (or best-guess) override
definition in the GCC options.

        On the other hand, it seems bizzarre that the o/s function call to
socket(..) returns a socket descriptor outside its own arbitrary range...
perhaps I'll inform QNX about this.

> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs -- http://curl.haxx.se/

This communication contains information which is confidential, and is for
the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not a named addressee
please contact the sender immediately, and also delete the communication
from your system.

necessarily represent those of Siemens plc unless otherwise specifically
stated.